Thursday, September 9, 2010

About the bone scan..

So the bone scan has come and gone, and several people are asking me how it went. Well it went. I was already nervous and anxious about it, and the way it all went down certainly DID NOT help matters. So I got to the hospital with plenty of time to spare before my appointment so that I could grab some breaky somewhere. I had to register at 9 and my appt was at 930. On the form, it said that if you thought you were pregnant or if you were 'of child-bearing age' you had to tell the tech before hand. So within 5 minutes of being there, I told the receptionist that a pregnancy test should be done. Here is where the frustrations rose to just being downright ticked; and shaky nerves the entire time. At 903 I told them of possible pregnancy and she informed the tech right away. I was taken in to a back room at 920 and Ben explained the process of the bone scan and dye injection. I asked him if he was told of a possible pregnancy and he said yes and that he was going to order a test. At 930 I still had not heard anything and my test was supposed to have been started. Ben came back in the room at 935 and said they had to get a doctor to sign off on the form to order the preg test, but the doctor had not arrived yet. The doc finally comes at 940 and signs off and at 945 Ben calls the lab for a STAT preg test (STAT means RIGHT NOW). The lab tech does not show up until 10 and the test is done at 1002, and the tech was told to get the results STAT. The 'STAT' results did not come until 1035 which is now well over an hour past my scheduled appt time. The results showed up as negative, so I am cleared to have the dye injected and the bone scan done. I am taken in to the room at 1045 and the dye gets injected, the pics get taken, and I am told to come back later. I was plenty frustrated and so I wanted to go do a bit of shopping to try and cheer up a little. I get out to my van and find a fantastic piece of paper on my window. A $60 parking ticket. THEN I was MAD. Oy. So anyway, I was scheduled to come back at 1250 but because my scan was pushed back so long, my return time was changed to 245. She said I could arrive earlier if I wanted so that they could get me in faster. Okay. So I come back at 230 and don't get back in the room until 345, and then the second set of pics was taken. I was so tired from all of this, that I actually fell asleep during the second set of pics. The second set of pics was done by about 430 and then I was out of there. After all that, I still had my errands to run in the city, and groceries to pick up. Needless to say, I didn't get home until nearly 9 and I was soooo tired. Arg.

No comments:

Post a Comment