Tuesday, February 1, 2011

To medicate... or not ?...

So I saw my new counselor today. She is very good. Very easy to talk to. Asks questions to get things out of you. I like it! I don't like having someone who just sits there and you talk to them. I like someone who can ask the questions to try and help me figure out things.
This new counselor, Kyla, is also a psychiatric nurse. So she's seen a lot, dealt with a lot, etc. Kyla thinks that it would be a good idea for me to go on meds. I'm a bit in denial. I know I'm bad, but I didn't think 'that' bad. She is thinking that it would be a good idea, but she is the type that wants to do counseling first, and meds later. In the same breath though, she said the meds would help me to sleep. THAT would be nice! I don't know. I just .. came out of the appt just like any other time. Good for a few minutes then in a slump for a few hours. This is a lot to process this time. It's bad folks. Real bad this time. Lots to think about...

1 comment:

  1. If you took the meds, a good sleep might help brighten things up...

    ReplyDelete