Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I've got nothin...

Ever have something that absolutely breaks your heart and all you want to do is cry? But can't? 6 days ago, my husband's friend and three of his kids were on their way home from school in a blizzard, and they hit a train. Dean was killed instantly and all three of his kids were in pretty bad shape. The youngest, Maison (11), died yesterday. I am so saddened by all of this and I really just want to cry for them. I can't. I have nothing. Add this to a rather serious conversation I had with a friend last night, and I just want to cry. Have you ever seen the movie, "The Holiday"? The one gal in it can't cry. Her parents died when she was younger and she hasn't cried since then. She meets this man, who is a very emotional one, they fall in love and when it was time for her to leave, he cried ... a lot. She got in the car and left. Fifteen minutes later down the road, she started to cry and etc etc. I'm kind of sitting there too. I need to cry. I WANT to cry. Nothin. Come to think of it, I haven't cried in a long time. Weeks!!! This is strange as I am a crier... I cry a lot! Sometimes I call it a curse that my Mom passed on to me. I would rather have a small cry now than an explosive one later... those are never pretty..

No comments:

Post a Comment