Saturday, November 27, 2010

Some people are so frustrating...

So I was having a bit of a grumpy morning today. It started off waking up SUPER early and not being able to fall back asleep, so I got up and started the task of going through Janessa's toybox. I was nearly done when she woke up. For most of the morning, Janessa was pretty grumpy and not listening very well. Owen phoned his Mom and she was okay with taking Janessa for the afternoon which I soooo needed. I have some serious stuff to get done around here and it never seems to happen! It didn't all get done either, but a good effort was made. So when Owen gets home he tells me that his Mom is mad at us. I immediately said .. great, now what's the problem? So, what happened was she asked him if we were coming to the family Christmas get together and he said no. That got her mad right off the hop. He never even got a chance to explain before she started freaking on him. It's supposed to be at his sister's place this year on the 18th. We're not going for more than one reason.... #1 being that it's at his sister's house. Secondly, we just can't afford to go all the way and back to Saskatoon two weekends in a row! That's absurd. (We have my Mom's side family gathering at my Mom's Dad's place Christmas Eve). Owen told her we can't afford to go, and she said "then why are you going to Norquay if you can't afford it, and why are you buying gifts if you can't afford it. You guys never come to family things anymore." Okay, well firstly I am offended that she took more than one jab at my family. Not nice. Nextly, we are not the ones in the family 'skipping out', it's his sister doing that. We missed last year because the date kept changing and we had other things to go to, and the very first one of our married life we missed because I was about to give birth and I was told no traveling. So there. We WANTED to be there that year, but were told not to travel. And of course, true to form, all of this takes place when I'm not around. They always wait to have a serious conversation with Owen when I'm not there. How rude can you be!? Seriously. If they're trying to make me fit on more, they're doing a shitty job. *sigh* And to add insult to injury, she's also mad at *me* because I had my own Grey Cup plans instead of going to there house! (For one, my TV is bigger and the games is just BETTER that way.. lol) Give me a break! So yeah... I was feeling good this afternoon after getting some headway in cleaning this joint and decorating for Christmas.. then this bombshell. Needless to say my good mood is long gone...

No comments:

Post a Comment