Tuesday, March 8, 2011

One of my most favorite men..

I have the best doctor ever! I really do. He is so genuinely caring about his patients, and he is ready and willing to do whatever he has to in order for the patient to be taken care of. I went in to see him today to get my meds. Of course, I cried. Having to 'tuck tail' and admit defeat and ask for help is hard enough to do, when you AREN'T asking to be put on medication. He has been my doctor for like 10 years! He's seen me through a LOT of things!!! That's an under statement really. He has saved my life on more than one occasion. So when I had to ask him about this today, I told him that I feel like I'm getting to where I was 6 years ago when he all but admitted me to the mental health unit. I also said to him that when you've been so bad and then get better, its easy to see when things are getting bad again and when you need to ask for help. Hence my trip today. He also gave me some recommendations on what to do to help me sleep. Boy oh boy will that be nice to actually get some sleep!! There comes a point when you have had enough.. and I'm almost at that point. I NEED to sleep! Anyway, before I left, he looked at me very compassionately and he said, 'Don't worry, we WILL get you better'. Have I mentioned that my doctor is one of my favorite people on this planet!? He cares so much and I appreciate all he does for me and my family. It's hard to find a doctor like this it seems. So when you find your wonderful doc, don't lose 'em!! He also has a super wonderful secretary~she got me in on the spur of the moment today and I'm so thankful that she did!

No comments:

Post a Comment