I was looking forward to going to Retreat this year more than ever. I had a lot of things in my heart and mind that I just couldn't seem to shake them on my own, on my home turf. So I went with the intent of coming back changed.
The theme this year was Living Stones and the scripture verse was 1 Peter 2:5 "you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ." The Retreat leaders had river stones everywhere! There were lots of stones scattered on the tables as centerpieces, they made inukshuks, and they had crafts using the rocks as well.
Our speaker was Tamara Peterson from B.C. She was amazing! She had a lot of fantastic things to say to us and to teach us and here are a few things that she said that hit a mark with me:
~ God is the Great Storyteller
~ God knows how beautiful we can be
~ There is pain in bringing out the beautiful
~ Change takes time!!!
~ Sacrificing ourselves is really no sacrifice at all
~ Your love is stronger than mine-your words are deeper than mine...
~ The meaning of life can not be told, it has to happen to a person
~ Be specific when you criticize your kids
~ I am Pamela King and I am a recovering sinner and I will be a recovering sinner until the day I die
I always keep a journal when I go to something like this. It helps me chronicle my thoughts and feelings while I experience what I am there to experience. It also helps me to voice things that I feel that I can't voice, or feel that I am not supposed to say; also things that I am scared to admit, but once I have it on paper it is sort of out in the open you know?

No comments:
Post a Comment